THE BEST ATTRACTION
Do We Want Five Stars, or Just Three?
The Choice is Clear.
For six years in a row, Fortune Magazine has named Wynn “One of The World’s Most Admired Companies” and Wynn Resorts now holds 66 total Forbes Five Stars ratings – more than any other independent hotel company in the world. The Wynn Everett proposal offers:
- 500 luxury hotel rooms averaging 800 square feet in size, the largest in Boston
- 140,000 sq. ft. of premium, top-end retail, eight gourmet-quality restaurants and a 12,000 sq. ft. nightclub
- A five-star spa featuring designer treatment rooms, steam rooms, whirlpools & lounges
- 150 table games and 3,000 slots & electronic games – using less than 10% of the entire resort area
Massachusetts wants to attract gaming and tourist dollars from all over the world, not from around the neighborhood.
Five Star attractions like the Wynn will bring them here – three star attractions will not.
Send a Support Letter!
THE BEST JOBS
Wynn has a track record of creating the best jobs in the industry. Excellent pay, industry-leading benefits and fantastic on-site perks like a gourmet employee dining facility.
The Wynn Everett will create:
- 4,000 direct, long-term jobs at the Wynn Resort & Casino
- 2,000 more long-term induced jobs – these are jobs created at other businesses in the area because of the Wynn
- 4,000 Direct, union-labor construction jobs
- Wynn will be one of the Top 5 private employers in Boston
Wynn Las Vegas employees voted Wynn as the Number 1 Large Employer in Las Vegas
(As reported in the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s “Top Workplaces Survey”)
THE BEST COMPANY
Wynn is in the best position to succeed for Massachusetts. By every financial and industry measure of success, Wynn is by far the best operator in the business. The facts speak for themselves:
- Wynn Resorts has $2.7B in cash, on hand, sitting in the bank.
- Wynn has 30 TIMES more cash on hand than the other Boston-area casino proponent.
- Wynn has 12 times the annual cash flow of the other Boston-area casino proponent.
- The Wynn will pull 7 million visitors per year from around the world – more than the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics & Bruins combined. No other casino operator can deliver that.
- Wynn Resorts pulled in $5.5 Billion in gaming revenue just from their international customers in 2013. In 2011, the other casino proponent’s total gaming revenue was $1.25 Billion.
- Wynn was the only major US operator to not suspend or cancel a development project during the economic downturn; further, Wynn kept 99% of their staff employed when the industry was laying off thousands of employees. When the two proposals are put side by side, there is no comparison.
Why is Wynn the Best?
THE BEST DEAL FOR MASSACHUSETTS
No resort, hotel or casino operator can offer the Commonwealth of Massachusetts what Wynn can offer.
Five Star amenities, design, service and attractions.
The most stable operator with the best balance sheet.
The best track record.
THE BEST POSSIBLE CHOICE.
The Choice is Clear:
- $29 million in annual taxes to the City of Everett.
- $267 Million in annual local & state taxes.
- $183 Million in one-time state and local taxes during resort development.
- 6,000 direct and indirect long-term jobs for Massachusetts residents of all ages.
- Industry leading benefits and perks for employees.
- 4,000 union-labor construction jobs.
- Built completely in one phase and entirely managed by one owner & operator.
- 7 million tourists drawn in per year.
- A $1.6 BILLION investment in Massachusetts
- Cleanup of a disastrously polluted industrial site & rebirth of an abandoned waterfront
- A world-class attraction for a world-class city and state.
UNITED WE WYNN!
Everett United & Wynn For All are a coalition of local residents and business leaders who support the idea of a world-class resort hotel and entertainment complex in Everett. We believe this unprecedented opportunity for investment, jobs, economic development and new tax revenue will be a tremendous benefit for all of Massachusetts.
We believe that all of our friends and neighbors in Everett and the surrounding towns of Malden, Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, Boston and beyond need to stand together united to show the Massachusetts Gaming Commission that we welcome this investment in the future of Everett & Massachusetts and we deserve to win this competitive site selection process.
We Can Do This!
Be a Part of The Conversation:
Everett United / Wynn For All
13 Chelsea Street
Everett, MA 02149